Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How do you do: Wallpapered desk...

A few months ago, I {blogged} about moving a desk in my apartment from one room to another and found the lovely idea of refreshing it with some wallpaper... due to the unbearable heat this past weekend, I decided to tackle this DIY... instead of wallpaper, I found this cool vintage inspired shelf liner which was great to use since it had a grid on its back to measure and cut straight lines... so I gathered a pencil, scissors, shelf liner and got to work... 



Using the shelf liner was also easier since it is self-adhesive which means if you lay a piece down and it doesn't work, you can just peel it off without any residue left behind... also great to use if you want to update the desk again in the future, all you do is peel it off and add on a new design... after cutting and placing the pieces to match the different angles of the desk, I ended up with a brand new desk... 



I promise more pictures once the desk is put in its place and decorated... see you Friday!!!

Photos and DIY via: An Obsession with Style

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...